We are seeking an Unreal Developer to join our expanding platform development team. The role is a unique opportunity to deliver on the current roadmap and develop the future of the SpaceForm platform. The ideal candidate will be focused on all technical aspects from visual quality to delivery. A thorough understanding of real time development and optimisation in Unreal is essential, together with a problem solving approach and an eagerness to learn. We will consider both full-time and contract based candidates.
- Develop and enhance new and existing areas of the platform and report to tech leads.
- Technical implementation and solutions of one-off projects and roadmap features.
- Working together with our experienced technical team and freelancers.
- Assisting in setting roadmap priorities, liaison with wider teams and clients.
- Development of multi-user platform for a wide range of client devices, ranging from desktop, VR and mobile.
- Maintaining and improving our current codebase.
- Sharing knowledge, collaborating with designers, customer success team, and other developers to deliver a successful project.
- Keeping up with the latest digital and real-time industry standards to support the platform and end user experience.
- Foresee potential issues in production and help resolve them.
- Eager to learn
- Ability to remain calm under tight deadlines, think clearly and problem solve
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of Unreal
- 5 years' experience with Blueprints and/or C++
- Fluency in one or more object oriented languages
- Software engineering skills to write robust and maintainable code
- Ability to work with software version control systems
- Experience working in large interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with server-side technologies (api integrations, node, aws/multi-user environments etc.)
- Multiplayer development
- Pixel streaming
- Knowledge and experience of a 3D software package
- Experience in mobile platform deployment
- Experience with VR and AR
- Knowledge and experience of web technologies and platforms
- Knowledge of Python integration in Unreal and the ability to automate work-flows
- Knowledge of USD file types and how to integrate them
Full time 09:30-18:00, Monday-Friday, with 1 hour lunch break
Based on experience
How to apply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at SpaceForm have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter your what background or identity is, we'd love to hear from you. If your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role please do enquire with us! SpaceForm is a UK based organisation, however we welcome those working remotely in a close time zone.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter including why you want to work at SpaceForm to: email@example.com
In the subject line please include your full name, the role you are applying for and your salary expectations.
*No recruiters please*